04/06/2015

Wiki'd Nail Art Challenge Week 2 - Water Babies

Hi All !

For the second week of the new Wiki'd Nails challenge, we have been given "Water Babies" to interpret at our own will.

I remember I loved the Water Babies book when I was little, and the illustrations stood out to me so much, so I decided to do a little design inspired by the books :)


I created this design using Nail Polish and Acrylic paints.
First I applied a base coat and then 2 coats of Barry M Gelly nail paint in "Cotton"

I let that dry, then I created a water effect by using varying shades of blue acrylic paint that had been watered down.

Once that was dry, I applied a fast drying top coat to protect the acrylic paints from smudging.


Then I painted on the water baby with Pure Color 10 brush from StylishNailArtShop

I finished off with a final coat of fast drying top coat !

And of course, I had to apply a matte topcoat as well afterwards :)


As always , you can find all current and previous week's designs via the main hub page HERE.

And this weeks designs via the inlinkz below !

Until next week :)

L xx




No comments:

Post a Comment