12/03/2015

A to Z - R is for Redo/Reboot/Recycle/Reuse

Hey All !!


So today's blog post is on a wider scale than a few others, so that ( should have ) made it easier to choose a mani, so of course I had difficulty picking one to reboot out of the many designs I have done over the past 3 years.

I only figured out last night which design to choose, so I must admit I did complete it rather hastily, but I still think it ended up looking rather good, even if i say so myself :)

So, as you can see, I have "rebooted" my post from May 2014 where I painted 3 of my favourite Disney villains.


The base coats are all Models Own polishes, and the designs were painted using acrylic paints.


So because I decided to "reboot" this design, I didn't want to copy it as a stroke for stroke recreation, I wanted to update it and change it a little. 


One of my favourite things, are those minimalist movie posters you see on buzzfeed, and deviant art. So I decided to base my latest design on those.


Because I am not an artist, I don't know the first thing about minimalist art, so I kinds looked at other drawings in that format and realised pretty much all of them literally just removed the nose and eyes. Obviously they did a lot more stylizing, but as a noob, i just painted them without eyes or a nose. But hey! it works :P


As always, I *had* to do a matte and shiny version, and I think I'm a little in love with the matte version <3



 So what do you think? As always you can check out our previous designs each week by clicking HERE. But for this weeks posts, please click the inlinkz below and have a look at the other wonderful designs the ladies have come up with :)

Thank you so much to my few followers who stick by me and read my ramblings ! I love each and every single one of you <3

L x





1 comment:

  1. Love this, wish I had your freehand painting skills :)

    ReplyDelete